Hello! Sorry to be late with my posting, but like some others, I work at a public library and am in the throes of Summer Reading Programming!! This week is particularly busy.
My name is Gabrielle Casieri (I go by Gabrielle), and I am a part-time youth services librarian in the Mercer County Library System. I work with children aged toddler through teen at my local branch, and I do a lot of school outreach, primarily to elementary school students. I am looking forward to playing with tech tools that will appeal to my patrons!
I thought I would kill two birds with one stone (so to speak) and introduce myself with the tech tool my daughter loves most of all: Glogster. Glogging is akin to blogging, but with more multimedia glitz. You essentially create a one-page poster that can contain photos, audio, video, and all kinds of stickers and graphics. Its push-button publishing is easy to use, and kids can really go crazy with it. My daughter's social studies teacher introduced the 5th grade class to Glogs last year, and they created them in lieu of more traditional posters to fulfill their project requirements. I never had to ask her to finish -- she LOVED spending time on the computer.
I would love to get kids Glogging about books they love. I'm not sure whether our county system would support individual Glogs being attached to the library, but maybe someday...
Until then, here is the Glog I created to introduce myself: http://gabberooni.glogster.com/21st-c-librarian-for-21things/! Looking forward to meeting you all in cyberspace.
Thanks for introducing me to Glogster, I'm totally going to make a wall for myself!!
ReplyDelete